In October 2017, EQUIP AUTO will be held at the Paris Expo Porte de Versailles exhibition centre. You will be able to meet your suppliers in two new halls: hall 1 and hall 3 of the venue.
The positive trend of the European market heralds a promising outlook for the business of automotive aftersales professionals. Growth in the European automotive market was confirmed in June 2016 with a 6.5% increase in car sales to 1,507,303 registrations in the EU28 and EFTA markets. In the first half of 2016, the market grew by 9.1% with 8,090,870 units sold, representing an increase of almost 675,000.
OEMS SUPPLY MORE THAN 75% OF A CAR
- In the early days of the automobile industry, vehicle manufacturers made most of their parts and components going into the make-up of a car themselves in their factories. They then changed their approach in particular to reduce their prices, their purchasing costs and therefore their cost price, and also to benefit from more substantial innovations by calling on a multitude of partners. Vehicle manufacturers increasingly contracted out the manufacture of their parts by using either subcontractors or independent manufacturers. They thus gradually became co-designers and assemblers.
- The proportion of parts purchased externally by vehicle manufacturers today accounts for 75 to 80% of a car. The major international OEMs no longer position themselves as purely parts manufacturers, but as systems integrators capable of not only manufacturing but also developing entire functions which they then offer to vehicle manufacturers all over the world.
- The replacement parts market in France was worth nearly 13 billion euros in 2014 (excluding labour and operations under warranty). The sector, excluding protected parts, generates a turnover in aftersales of 10.5 billion euros, split between vehicle manufacturers’ aftersales networks and the independent repair and maintenance networks deployed by trading cooperations, automotive centres, specialist repair shops, mass retail brands, online players, etc.
- More than 37,000 points of sale (repair shops, retailers and distributors) in France,with an interest in the suppliers showing at EQUIP AUTO make up the pool of domestic visitors invited to meet the show’s exhibitors.
- With nearly 30% of non-French visitors, mainly interested in the parts and equipment range, and 60% of suppliers from abroad, EQUIP AUTO confirms its international status at each of its successive editions.
PRODUCT CLASSIFICATION IN VEHICLE EQUIPMENT, PARTS AND COMPONENTS
Engineering - Subcontracting:
- Raw materials
- Inspection, testing, quality control
- Technology and equipment for competition
- Racing car performance tuning
- Service engineering
Vehicle equipment and accessories:
- Starting and ignition equipment
- Engine components
- Fuel system components and accessories
- Transmission components
- Steering, suspension and braking systems and accessories
- Tyres and accessories
- Electrical and electronic equipment and accessories
- Lighting and signalling equipment and accessories
- Bodywork equipment and accessories
- HVAC equipment
- Interior equipment and accessories
- Parts and components remanufacturing, reconditioning
Personal protective equipment:
- Driver equipment and accessories
- Equipment and accessories for technicians
These brands exhibited in 2015:
ALPINE ELECTRONICS, BILSTEIN GROUP, CORTECO, EFI AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE, FEDERAL-MOGUL MOTORPARTS, HELLA, HUTCHINSON, LUMILEDS France SAS, NGK SPARK PLUGS France SAS, SCHAEFFLER AUTOMOTIVE AFTERMARKET, SOGEFI GROUP, SOLAUFIL MECAFILTER, ....
Sources : FEDA, FIEV