The business of each market player in automotive aftersales depends on the age of vehicles but also according to the needs of the vehicle owner.
THREE MAJOR FIELDS OF ACTIVITY ARE TYPICALLY OBSERVED:
- Servicing according to the vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations
- Oil changes.
- Seasonal services
All of these visits represent approximately 50% of all visits to workshops and slightly more than 50% in terms of turnover.
Tyre changes :
which, while they could be compared with a service operation and are often carried out at the same time as an oil change, are considered to be a separate segment due to their importance.
As tyres are one of the most easily comparable segments from one market player to another, they are often used by aftersales firms as loss leaders and the subjects of special offers.
- Specific non-immobilising problems
- Post vehicle inspection repairs which require the vehicle to undergo a second inspection
- Traffic accidents.
It should be noted that all of these segments together represent approximately one in three workshop visits.
PRODUCT CLASSIFICATION FOR REPAIRS, MAINTENANCE, TOOLS AND DIAGNOSTICS SECTOR:
- Diagnostics, test and tuning equipment
- Mechanical repair equipment
- Tools and small equipment
- Tyre servicing equipment
- Lifting equipment
- Fluid transfer equipment
- Breakdown assistance, fixtures for assistance vehicle
These brands exhibited in 2017 :
ACTIA AUTOMOTIVE, BAHCO (SNA EUROPE), CAPELEC, ELRING, FACOM, IDLP / HDI, KS TOOLS, MAHA FRANCE, OMCN, OTTO NUSSBAUM GMBH & CO. KG, PICHLER OUTILLAGE, PROVAC, RAVAGLIOLI, SNAP-ON EQUIPMENT FRANCE ...
Source : www.successfee.fr,TCG Conseil, CNPA