ANTICIPATING TO PREPARE TOMORROW
Wednesday 18 October from 2.00 to 5.00pm, high-level debate and discussion on the theme "Autonomous vehicles: what challenges for our society?"
Organised by the French Vehicle Equipment Industries (FIEV), the French Road Equipment Association (SER), the Society of Automotive Engineers (SIA), the French Roads Union (URF), this colloquium offers a range of different speaking formats in the presence of industry experts and political representatives:
- Exchanges around autonomous vehicle technologies between Carla Gohin, Director of Research for Innovation and Advanced Technologies at PSA Peugeot-Citroën and Rémi Bastien, VP Automotive Prospective at Renault-Nissan ;
- Interactions on the theme of autonomous vehicle equipment and road equipment with SER and URF in the presence of Frédéric Gravier, 3M/SER and Johan Gachon, Lacroix City/SER ;
- The presentation of the findings of the survey "The Future of the Automotive Value Chain" conducted by Deloitte ;
- A round table on the theme "Tomorrow's mobility: what impacts on its ecosystem?" in the presence of Christian Peugeot, Chairman of the French Automotive Manufacturers Committee - CCFA, Xavier Bertrand - Chairman of the Hauts-de-France Regional Council, Heiko Carrie - CEO - Bosch France, Yves Crozet - President - URF Think Tank, Guillaume Crunelle - Associate - Deloitte, Guillaume Devauchelle, Vice President Innovation and Development of the Valeo group…
On Thursday 19 October, EQUIP AUTO will host the first edition of MonJobatFuturAuto
The new annual event for students of top engineering schools to meet with those who design and develop tomorrow's vehicles and mobility.
The purpose of these meetings is to show students the wealth and momentum of the automotive industry and the diversity of trades and careers it offers.
On the agenda:
- speeches by R&D / engineering directors (Renault, Groupe PSA, Plastic Omnium, etc.),
- exhibition of innovations and presentation of innovative projects (equipment manufacturers, start-ups, R&D organisations),
- dialogue and contact (speakers, current engineers, HR representatives).
The day is organised by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SIA) on behalf of the Automotive Sector, with support from the FIEV, the CCFA, the PFA, and many R&D and industry actors.
The EQUIP AUTO TV Studio stage (Pavilion 2.2)
The show's unique platform of expression will run throughout the five days of the show, producing 55 programmes and welcoming leading industry figures, the media, experts, companies and exhibitors live, who will cover many subjects focusing on the requirements of workshops and sector professionals.
DISCOVER THE LATEST INNOVATIONS
The EQUIP AUTO "Best Of" visitor trails
This first-time feature at EQUIP AUTO is a collection of seven visitor trails on themes and tailored to needs, in perfect keeping with visitors' centres of interest:
- "Best of” New Tech: new engines / pollutant emission reductions
- “Best of” Diag: diagnostics of the future / connected vehicles
- “Best of” My Expertise: technical education, training, information
- “Best of” My Connected Garage: digital marketing: connected reception, apps, social media
- “Best of” My Workshop Tomorrow: productivity gains / profitability / working conditions / risk prevention
- “Best of” My Eco-Garage: eco-maintenance / eco-repairs / reuse / recycling / preventive maintenance
- “Best of” Boost My Business: networks / washing / used vehicles / bodywork / rental
Visitors will also be able to meet experts at the trade show who will advise and guide them through a personalised and optimised tour. Guided tours of the innovations entered in the International Grands Prix for Automotive Innovation and exhibitors' most inventive solutions will also be offered.
Innovation & Startups Park (Pavilion 1)
EQUIP AUTO will be shining a spotlight on around thirty young and innovative French and international firms assembled within the Innovation and Startups Park. This will offer visitors an opportunity to discover and meet the companies inventing the future of automotive aftersales in all its aspects: smart sensors, connected driving, e-commerce, new search and payment solutions for spare parts and used vehicles, collaborative experiments or logistic disruption.
This village dedicated to innovation is sponsored by ALD Automotive. During the five days of the show, visitors will be able to exchange with the start-ups in attendance and watch their pitches and numerous videos.
International Grands Prix for Automotive Innovation
A leading event in the automotive industry calendar, the International Grands Prix for Automotive Innovation were created in the aim of selecting and rewarding the most innovative concepts, products and services presented by EQUIP AUTO exhibitors, and to highlight the emerging technologies in automotive aftersales. For this 17th edition of the EQUIP AUTO International Grands Prix for Automotive Innovation, the judging panel, made up of more than 50 journalists from 15 countries, selected the Gold Trophy Award winners in the 8 categories representing the product range at the show, from among 117 entries submitted by exhibitors.
The 2017 winners' list will be enhanced by the media's "Special Awards" made by the French journalists in partnership with the trade associations AFPA and AJTE. These "favourites" awards will recognise the innovations discovered on exhibitors' stands by the journalists.
The awards will be officially presented at the gala dinner on Tuesday 17 October in the presence of a large number of leading figures from the automotive industry and the media.
RECEIVE TRAINING TO REPAIR TODAY
EQUIP AUTO Tutorials (Pavilion 3)
Organised on the Training and Demos Area, in association with GNFA (National Association for Automotive Training), this feature will offer five workshops throughout the show in response to visitor expectations:
- Bodywork-Paint connected workshop
- Improvement of comfort and safety
- Depollution and carbon emission reductions
- Reduction of tyre rolling resistance
- "Chrono Diag" diagnostic tool challenge
The EQUIP AUTO Tutorials are also broadcast and repeated on the exhibition's YouTube channel, so that visitors can watch and catch up after EQUIP AUTO; in addition, more than 40 workshops are delivered by individual exhibitors during the five days of the show.
Bodywork - Paint Competition (Pavilion 1)
Aimed at French pilot training colleges working in the bodywork and repairs sector and consisting of a sheet metal painting test, this competition rewards students who, through their technical and artistic skills, have proven the best in shaping and painting a piece of bodywork. The award ceremony for this third edition of the Competition will be held on the Bodywork-Paint village designed by the French Bodywork Federation (FFC) on 19 October at 2.30pm.
COME TOGETHER IN A CONVIVIAL ENVIRONMENT
The gala evening
Organised in a unique venue on Tuesday 17 October, the gala evening is a convivial and festive moment during which the International Grands Prix for Automotive Innovation and the media's "favourites" will be awarded.
Happy Hour at EQUIP AUTO
From Tuesday to Friday from 5pm to 6pm in the show's three pavilions, EQUIP AUTO gives exhibitors and visitors the opportunity to meet up or continue their discussions with the day's special cocktail and finger buffets.
EQUIP AUTO Classic
EQUIP AUTO has widened its positioning this year by developing into the vintage vehicle market. This is a way of promoting a fast-growing sector and contributing to the conservation of automotive heritage. The footbridge connecting halls 1 and 2.2 (Pont des Expositions) will thus be the backdrop for the Peugeot Citroën DS Adventure, the networks Bosch Classic Services and Top Garage Classic, and the website Allopneus and OEM Schaeffler which will display their dedicated offering.
Building on the success of its first edition in 2015 which drew more than 4,000 professionals, the "Univers VO" (car remarketing) concept is once again uniting the profession at EQUIP AUTO 2017, Pavilion 1 - Aisle N - Stand n° 116.
20 firms will be in attendance on a one-of-a-kind space representing the diversity and vitality of the trade-only car remarketing sector.
This area will be hosting business meetings, product demonstrations and round tables throughout the show.