I. THE INDUSTRY CONFIRMS ITS PRESENCE AT EQUIP AUTO 2019
The international trade show for automotive aftersales and services for mobility is expecting to receive 95,000 professional visits (of which 20% from abroad) and host 1,200 exhibitors and represented brands at Paris Expo Porte de Versailles from 15 to 19 October 2019.
With four months to go before the show opens, bookings and exhibiting intentions are showing an increase, with a 4.5% increase in surface area booked compared with the 2017 edition. The proportion of new exhibitors to date is 19% by surface area and 32% by number of companies. Meanwhile, international companies account for 36% of surface area and 44% of exhibitors.
The must-attend event for all-vehicle maintenance and repair professionals has also recorded the registration of many loyal firms and, in a range of sectors, the return of many former exhibitors: BERNER, CONTINENTAL, LACOUR, LIQUI MOLY, SICAM with BEISSBARTH and WERTHER, TEXA, ZF … to name but a few of the companies that have already signed up.
Appointed in April earlier this year to the position of Chairman of EQUIP AUTO, Philippe Baudin has welcomed these prospects and offers his perspective on the show: “Since 2017, EQUIP AUTO has established itself as the unifying meeting for the industry, bringing together all the reference professional organisations. I wish to maintain this commitment so that all visitors have a single event in France, located at the heart of all the major transformations, to meet, exchange, make discoveries and spend an enjoyable time with other professionals.”
II. A 2019 EDITION TRUE TO THE VALUES OF EQUIP AUTO
EQUIP AUTO has reasserted its ambition to establish itself as the imperative international trade show for aftersales and services for mobility for all vehicles.
Positioning itself at the heart of industry issues, EQUIP AUTO enables professionals to gain optimal insight into the market by giving them the means to “repair today and prepare tomorrow”, the exhibition’s signature.
Owned by the French Federation of Vehicle Industries and Equipment (FIEV) and the French Bodywork Federation (FFC) and supported by trade body partners, the exhibition revolves around three values which make up its DNA: Business, Innovation, Conviviality. These three values take the form of numerous actions and new features to enable industry actors to decode the sector's challenges, find out about current solutions and adopt innovations which are already available to prepare for tomorrow.
III. A NEW SECTOR LAYOUT
For this edition, the aim is to balance out visitor flows by focusing on:
- A clear and effective sector organisation to save time and increase contact opportunities on stands:
- Hall 1: Vehicle equipment, parts and components; Maintenance and distribution networks; Bodywork and painting; Univers VO (Car remarketing), Washing and service areas, lubricants, vehicle care products.
- Hall 2.2: Vehicle equipment, parts and components; Maintenance and distribution networks; Services for professionals.
- Hall 3: Repairs, maintenance, tools and diagnostics; Tyres, wheel rims and accessories.
- More visible and frequent signage for easier wayfinding.
- Wider aisles to connect the three halls efficiently together.
- Improved entry through hall 3, with direct access from the exhibition centre’s main gate (gate A).
- An even balance of leading brands between the three halls.
IV. EQUIP AUTO 2019 AN ALL-ENCOMPASSING OBSERVATORY OF INDUSTRY CHALLENGES
The cornerstones around which the 2019 show is built are as follows:
- New powertrains and their impact on the aftersales sector
- Maintenance and repair of electronic systems (e.g. ADAS)
- The tyre ecosystem
These will be illustrated in 6 themes:
- The connected garage
- Vehicle electrification
- The circular economy
- Supply chain efficiency
- Training & employment in the industry
All these themes will be developed and staged in demonstrations on exhibitors’ stands or in dedicated areas set up by EQUIP AUTO and its partners, and specifically during talks and round tables featuring experts and users
V. WIDE-RANGING INITIATIVES TO SUPPORT ALL PROFESSIONALS
1. MARKETS IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Specific emphasis will be placed this year on the tyre market. At the crossroads between the themes of EQUIP AUTO 2019, the tyre sector will be highlighted as a “show within the show” bringing together the entire ecosystem, from manufacturers to repair businesses.
Finally, the second most-sought after market for visitors to EQUIP AUTO after light vehicles (passenger vehicles and LCVs): the maintenance and repair of heavy-duty and heavy goods vehicles will also be in the spotlight in 2019. The exhibition will make a point of promoting solutions offered by suppliers (full service contracts, active reception) and basic and vocational training courses.
Finally, the used vehicle market will continue to develop at EQUIP AUTO with its dedicated area “Univers VO”, located in Hall 1. It will bring together all the main car remarketing disciplines: purchasing, logistics, reconditioning, warranty, data, digital firms, recruitment solutions and fast growing franchises. So far, 36 leading exhibitors with complementary profiles have confirmed their attendance on the shared Univers VO space to offer professionals a broad market overview.
2. SPECIALIST CONTENT
A seminar cycle
A rich and varied programme of talks will take place in the conference area in Hall 2.2, and will offer a multitude of themes in connection with the industry’s innovations and problems. Contributions in tune with the promise of the exhibition: preparing today, preparing tomorrow » will revolve around three key themes:
- “Skills and future pros in 2019” meetings;
- “Innovation meetings” will place innovation at the heart of discussions and offer a preview of new upcoming trends;
- “Dedicated events” will address subjects of crucial importance for all industrial sectors (captive parts and re-use, washing: the car wash of the future, etc.).
Training and employment to enlighten and guide professionals
A basic and continuous training forum on technology and services will showcase the new skills required in view of changing job needs. This area located on the “Pont des Expositions” has been codesigned with GNFA.
Furthermore, visitors will have the opportunity to meet industry training bodies and trade organisations in Hall 2.2 (AFORPA, AFPA, GARAC, CNPA, FEDA, FNA, SNCTA, SPP). Meanwhile, FIEV and FFC will be present in Hall 1.
- Electronic maintenance: vehicle connectivity, on-board calculator programming, ADAS, autonomous car, connected workshop, vehicle inspection and on-board electronics, etc.
- HGV after sales: maintenance and repair (machinery, equipment, products), predictive maintenance, diagnostics, etc.
- Tyres: workshop equipment, connectivity, new tyres, distribution, recovery, recycling, etc.
- Circular economy: remanufacturing, eco-design and eco-maintenance, recycling, reuse, etc.
- Innovation / Grands Prix
3. SPECIAL EVENTS FOR EVERYONE
EQUIP AUTO has placed itself under the banner of business and conviviality, and goes the extra mile to help people come together:
EQUIP AUTO CLASSIC: second edition, in partnership with VINTAGE MECANIC
Whether embodied by historical models or youngtimers, the classic car world will be in the limelight once again this year at EQUIP AUTO. Located in the heart of Hall 3, this area will welcome collectors and networks specialising in the maintenance of vintage vehicles.
Year after year, the classic car is becoming an increasingly common visitor in the workshops of specialist and non-specialist professionals, and has become a genuine business opportunity. Through this initiative, EQUIP AUTO combines Business with Passion but also takes a stand alongside professionals and enthusiasts who wish to defend this technical and industrial legacy.
A talk delivered by T²M International (International Association for the History of Transport, Traffic & Mobility)
This association, whose vocation is to contribute to thought on the notion of mobility, has selected EQUIP AUTO to hold a conference on Thursday 17 October. The chosen theme: “materiality and mobility” will explore a surprisingly and heeded theme, focusing on transport plant, equipment and infrastructure and their stakeholders.
Meetings between professionals and engineering college students
Meetings will be organised between professionals and engineering college students. Innovation will also be highlighted towards young people through the special event m[email protected], which will welcome between 800 and 1,000 students from engineering schools and top academic institutions.
With [email protected], the automotive industry aims to offer student engineers the chance to see, hear and talk to choose their career path or their first job.
This day will be organised by Société des Ingénieurs de l'Automobile, on behalf of the automotive industry, with the support of FIEV, CCFA, PFA, and many other players from R&D and Industry: vehicle manufacturers, equipment manufacturers, engineering firms, research and development bodies, etc.
• 4th edition of the FFC Bodywork-Paintwork Competition
The bodywork-paint village at EQUIP AUTO will play host to the results and the prize-giving ceremony of the fourth edition of the bodywork-paintwork competition open to French pilot training centres in the ANFA network in the bodywork and repairs branch. This competition rewards students who, through their technical and artistic skills, have proven the best in shaping and painting a piece of bodywork.
VI –INNOVATION IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Keenly awaited by all industry players, innovation is once again highlighted at EQUIP AUTO through large-scale initiatives:
The International Grands Prix for Automotive Innovation
revolving around seven categories, with a gold trophy winner in each of them, awarded by a judging panel of 48 journalists from 10 countries. A valuable asset to help boost brand awareness and trigger new business, the International Grands Prix for Automotive Innovation pay tribute to the emerging technologies in aftersales. Acknowledged as a prestigious accolade in many countries, they reflect an international dynamic around the know-how, skills and innovations of firms. The competition is open to all exhibitors of EQUIP AUTO and in all sectors of business represented at the show, from design to maintenance, and for vehicles.
The categories are as follows:
- Bodywork equipment and paint
- Lubricants, vehicle care products, washing, roadside services
- Original equipment
- Parts, equipment and components (replacement)
- Tyres – Wheel accessories and services
- Repairs, maintenance, garage equipment
- Services for professionals (IT, software publishers, DMS, management solutions, etc.), services for connected mobility.
- AJTE special awards, presented by a panel of journalists, will pay tribute to the most innovative products spotted on stands on the first day of the show.
A specific visiting trail will enable visitors to discover the nominated and award-winning innovations.
EQUIP AUTO gala evening
Held at Collège des Bernardins in the centre of Paris, the gala evening will bring together nearly 300 guests for a convivial and festive celebration. The awards for the International Grands Prix for Automotive Innovation will be presented at this evening.