Eight months before the show is due to open, bookings and exhibiting intentions are showing an increase, with a 6% increase in surface area booked compared with the 2017 edition. The must-attend event for all-vehicle maintenance and repair professionals has also recorded the registration of many loyal firms and, in a range of sectors, the return of many former exhibitors: BERNER, CONTINENTAL, LACOUR, LIQUI–MOLY, SICAM with BEISSBARTH and WERTHER, TEXA, … to name but a few of the companies that have already signed up.
These auspicious indicators owe much to the continuation of a transformation strategy initiated and successfully executed in 2017. Backed up by the exhibition’s permanent relocation to Paris Expo Porte de Versailles, this strategy aims to gather together the all-vehicle aftersales ecosystem at an event that generates business and conveys a vision of the issues and challenges of the future.
Expressed by the signature promise of "Repairing today, preparing tomorrow”, the trade show’s positioning continues to revolve around the three values that constitute the DNA of EQUIP AUTO: Business, Innovation and Conviviality.
EQUIP AUTO 2019: AN ALL-ENCOMPASSING PERSPECTIVE OF INDUSTRY CHALLENGES
FIEV (French Federation of Vehicle Equipment Industries), the owners of the exhibition, and its partner the French Bodywork Federation (FFC), have called on a steering committee1 to define the major themes that will be addressed at this new show in order to closely reflect the market’s challenges and industry trends.
The keystones around which the 2019 will be built are as follows:
- New powertrains and their impact on the aftersales sector
- Maintenance and repair of electronic systems (e.g. ADAS)
- The tyre ecosystem
These will be illustrated in 6 themes:
- The connected garage
- Vehicle electrification
- The circular economy
- Supply chain efficiency
- Training & employment in the industry
All these themes will be developed and staged in demonstrations on exhibitors’ stands or in dedicated areas set up by EQUIP AUTO and its partners, and specifically during talks and round tables featuring experts and users.
Specific emphasis will be placed this year on the tyre market. At the crossroads between the themes of EQUIP AUTO 2019, the tyre sector will be highlighted as a “show within the show” bringing together the entire ecosystem, from manufacturers to repair businesses.
Finally, the second most-sought after market for visitors to EQUIP AUTO after light vehicles (passenger vehicles and LCVs): the maintenance and repair of heavy-duty and heavy goods vehicles will also be in the spotlight in 2019. Equipment manufacturers and distribution networks, all long-standing participants at EQUIP AUTO, will display their ranges of parts and equipment designed to fulfil the needs of professionals. The exhibition will make a point of promoting solutions offered by suppliers (full service contracts, active reception) and basic and vocational training courses.
SATISFACTION OF CUSTOMER EXPECTATIONS AT THE HEART OF OPERATIONAL CONSIDERATIONS:
Maximising footfall in all occupied halls through:
- A clear and effective sector organisation to save time and increase contact opportunities on stands:
- Hall 1: Vehicle equipment, parts and components; Maintenance and distribution networks; Bodywork and painting; Univers VO (Car remarketing), Washing and service areas, lubricants, vehicle care products.
- Hall 2.2: Vehicle equipment, parts and components; Maintenance and distribution networks; Services for professionals.
- Hall 3: Repairs, maintenance, tools and diagnostics; Tyres, wheel rims and accessories.
- More visible and frequent signage for easier wayfinding.
- Wider aisles to connect the three halls efficiently together.
- Improved entry through hall 3, with direct access from the exhibition centre’s main gate (gate A).
- An even balance of leading brands between the three halls.
(1) CNPA, FEDA, FNAA, SNCTA, Association of Tyre Professionals and member firms of these organisations.